The Centre of Full Employment and Equity (CofFEE) Annual Conference 2011
The Centre of Full Employment and Equity will be holding its annual conference on 7 and 8 December 2011.
CofFEE welcomes paper submissions in any labour market analysis, particularly in the following research and policy areas:
- Reflections on the global financial crisis? Reform agendas etc.
- Any research on unemployment - its dimensions, causes, cures.
- The labour market and the intergenerational debate.
- The policy challenge of emerging skill shortages and underutilisation - how do we design effective solutions to both?
- The increasing problem of underemployment and marginal workers.
- Why has work become more precarious? Is it a problem? What are the solutions?
- What is full employment? How is it defined and measured? How close are we to achieving full employment? What are the challenges that remain?
- Employment guarantees versus income guarantees - pros and cons.
- Why do disparities in regional labour markets persist? What is the extent of the problem and its solutions? Analysing spatial patterns of work and housing.
- Long-term, youth, disabled and indigenous unemployment.
Deadline for paper submissions is 5pm on 11 July 2011.